A great first step in learning English
Real-life language skills
The Cambridge English: Key is set at Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
A2 is the level of English needed to:
- understand simple written English
- communicate in familiar situations
- understand short notices and simple spoken directions.
It shows that you are able to communicate at a basic level in English.
For example, at A2 level, you can expect to:
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions
- introduce yourself and answer basic questions about your personal details
- interact with English speakers who talk slowly and clearly
- write short, simple notes.
Preparing for Cambridge English: Key will give you these kinds of practical language skills.
Backed by the largest research programme of its kind, Cambridge English exams provide the most reliable reflection of your language skills.
The Cambridge English: Key exam is available internationally. Also, with paper-based and computer-based exam options, you can choose when and how you take your exam.
Cambridge English exams cover all major varieties of English and are designed to be fair to users of all nationalities and linguistic backgrounds.
A wealth of materials is available to help you prepare for your exam.
A Cambridge English qualification
Once you have earned a Cambridge English certificate, you hold one of the most valuable English qualifications in the world.